Invisalign, whether Invisalign Express or Invisalign full service, requires proper maintenance of aligners and of overall oral health in order to achieve optimum results. Consider some of these tips during and after Invisalign use.
Dr. Ash of Studio Dental Care in Studio City offers Invisalign Services and Oral Care Tips for Invisalign Patients.
Oral Care and Tips for Invisalign Patients:
• It is important to keep Invisalign aligners in for as long as possible in between meals, especially for the first 48 hours after using a new set of trays. Teeth are most susceptible to dramatic changes during the first 48 hours of the aligners—it is crucial to take advantage of this time period.
• Brush after each meal to eliminate food particles and excess bacteria, especially before putting the aligners back in place. Floss daily to help remove bacteria while keeping a mouth healthy.
• If brushing in between meals is too difficult while on the go, carry mouthwash or mouth rinse in the car or in a purse for easy access and a quick fix of minty breath.
• Drink beverages through a straw to help eliminate both teeth and aligner discoloring. Invisalign retainers may also aid in teeth whitening methods, but please discuss teeth whitening options with a professional dentist. Cosmetic dentists often recommend waiting until a dental patient is finished with an Invisalign series before starting other treatments.
• Invisalign patients should remove current aligners to brush the aligners and rinse them with warm water. Keeping Invisalign aligners clean will help to avoid unnecessary bacteria buildup while promoting fresh breath. For another method of cleaning Invisalign aligners, follow the link to the official Invisalign website by clicking HERE.