Veneers are becoming more popular solutions for missing teeth, large gaps between teeth, and stained or discolored teeth. Below please find a list of information and helpful tips, provided by Studio Dental Care in Studio City, for anyone considering veneers as a cosmetic dentistry procedure.
Studio Dental Care by Alexander Ash provides Dental Veneer Services and helpful tips for patients in Los Angeles, Studio City, and Toluca Lake, CA.
Dental Veneers and What Dental Patients Need to Know:
- There are two types of veneers: Porcelain Veneers (Porcelain Laminate Veneers or Ceramic Veneers) and Composite Resin Veneers
- Porcelain Veneers tend to be more expensive and last for a median of 30 years, depending on proper care and up keep
- Veneers are a great solution for damaged teeth or teeth that are cracked or chipped
- A consultation for veneers is required before the process can begin
- Polishing the natural tooth and removing a small layer of surface enamel is necessary for veneer preparation
- A topical anesthesia may be required for shaving down the enamel
- Creating Porcelain Veneers requires up to seven days of laboratory preparation
- Porcelain Veneers are less likely to discolor or darken after time, if properly cared for
- Most dentists recommend avoiding foods, beverages, and substances that may increase the staining of veneers (such as coffee, tea, sodas, tobacco products, etc.)
- Patients with veneers need to be careful not to bite down on hard foods or use teeth as a tool to open packages
- Veneers often help patients appear younger and create the appearance of a fuller mouth
For more information or facts pertaining to veneers and veneer consultations, please follow the link to the Mouth Healthy website by clicking HERE.